Monday, June 27, 2011

A Picture of me With Grandmaster Ming Lum

When I posted the picture of Eric Lee and me I mentioned that I also had a picture taken with a Grandmaster in Chinese Martial Arts that had attended the tournament.  That Grandmaster is Ming Lum who is considered the Godfather to Two Generations of Wushu (Martial Arts) masters.  I was completely honored to have the chance to meet him and have our picture taken together.  Here's the picture.






If you aren't familiar with Grandmaster Ming Lum here is an article where he is interviewed by Kung Fu Magazine.

After I had finished my form and the judges had given my score, a gentleman walked up to me and said, "Grandmaster Ming Lum would like to speak with you."  I followed him over to meet the Grandmaster who complimented me on my form and asked me questions about where I had been trained.  After we had talked briefly he said my form was very good and told me to keep it up.  :)  Later, just about everyone that was around when he said that came up to me and said, "If he said it was good....it was GOOD..."  :)

I had such a great time at this tournament with meeting Eric Lee and Grandmaster Ming Lum.  I hope it doesn't seem to arrogant to post their compliments, but I was so blown away by them I just couldn't help it.  :D  Besides, it's not every day you get to meet a couple of martial arts legends and have your picture taken with them.  :) 

No comments: