Sunday, July 3, 2011

Good News About Tai Chi Instructional DVD

Just an FYI, I've had several students asking me if I could make a DVD with the things I teach in class so they can work on them at home between classes...

Well, my Dad and I spent about seven hours straight filming today and I think we got all the footage we need.  Now we just need to work on editing it to get it ready for everyone.  :D

I've been working on a sash ranking system for my Tai Chi classes to add a little more structure to the way the lessons are taught and this DVD covers the requirements needed to get a white sash.

Here's a list of contents:
  • A simple warm up set similar to what we do in class.
  • The 8 Basic Stances of Tai Chi (Ji Ben Ba Shi)
  • Basic Body Movement Training and Basic Footwork Training
  • 5 Stepping practices of Tai Chi (Wu Bu) (Part of the 13 Postures of Tai Chi)
  • Tai Chi "Standing Like a Tree" Qi Gong
  • Tai Chi Moving Qi Gong Set (10 different postures)
  • The Yang Style Tai Chi 24 Steps Form (From the beginning to the end, then broken down into individual movements with explanations)
  • Proper Chinese Martial Arts Salute and its Meaning
  • It also includes our normal Tai Chi cool down exercise set which can be used after any work out or first thing in the morning to wake up and vitalize the body and mind.  
All of these, except for the warm up and cool down exercises are requirements for the White Sash in the ranking system I am putting together.  I'm really excited about getting this all filmed today.


It'll probably be at least a few more weeks before it's ready, but I wanted give everyone a status update.  :D

No comments: